Using Netgear Genie app, you can remotely access the Netgear Setup page and use its updated features to go through the entire Netgear Router maintenance from any devices without having the problem of distance from your network. The only thing required by the user is best internet speed that can take you to use the Genie App without any internet speed issue.
Get Registered with Genie App
- Once you have installed the Genie app on your device, it will ask for the ‘Router Login’ where you have to get registered.
- Click on the ‘Sign up’ and fill the required information, remember which email Id and password you fill there, that will be your registration Id or Password. Using this you can log in to Genie app.
- When you follow the process of registration, it will then send to your given email id for the verification. You need to visit to your email id to click on the link for the confirmation of your registration via this email id.
- Once the registration completes, you can now login anytime to Genie app. In order to check by yourself, you can log out once and then again go to access Genie app using the recent given email Id and password.
How To Access Netgear Setup Via Genie App
- When you access the Genie App, there is an option of ‘Router Model’ at the bottom.
- Select the Router model that you have and go to the settings.
- It may ask for the username and password. The Netgear Router Password is ‘admin’ by default. If you changed it then go with the changed one.
- A cloud icon will appear on the right side to indicate that you are connected.
Netgear Genie App Features
Click on the ‘Internet’ under the home, it will show the ‘Speed Test’. There are two ways to be used for testing speed. One is to measure the speed of your PC and another is to measure the speed provided by your Internet Services Provider.
Click on Router settings and it will be displaying
- Wireless Settings to make the changes in wireless network name and password.
- Guest Access allows you to add another user to your network without accessing your personal setup.
- Traffic Meter gives you access to monitor the data usage by you and by connected devices.
- Router Updates, let you update the firmware and get to know the new updated features.
Select the Network Map to keep an eye on the internet connections and all the devices connected to the Router. The green refers as a good connection and red refers that the connection is not working.
Parental control is an astounding feature where you can block the specific websites for life-long or for the particular time period. You can also find which sites are opened by the connected devices in your absence. Overall the security of your network will be in your hand.
Select Network Support and click on Tools options, you will get these options:
- Ping: It is required to check the path from your device to receiving the device.
- Trace Route: It traces the routes that data packet go through from your device to the host.
- DNS Lookup: Searches the IP address of a Hostname.
- Computer Profile: It provides the details about the device currently connected to the Router, for example, the current network connection, operating systems and relevant details.
These are the major features you can use to manage Netgear Setup via Genie app. The features are really useful which makes the Genie App extremely valuables.